Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashion Friday: Anthropologie

Today is my last workday off before I head back to school on Monday and the new semester begins. In honor of this last day of freedom and because I was in the neighborhood, I wandered into Anthropologie today in search of this:


The Wakeful Ikat sheet set from their spring line of bedding.

Okay, at this point I should probably confess that Anthro is my mecca for all things fashion and decor. Seriously. It is. I adore the touches of feminine whimsy in all of their products and their innovative cuts, colors, and fabrics; but more than that, their wares make an unhip girl like me feel simultaneously on-trend and timeless, and always unique.

But back to the sheets...I adore their ikat pattern and color scheme. When I ran across them online, I knew that they could be the inspiration for the color palette of our new home. I am loving the soft grey base with bolder pops of blue, green, yellow, and pewter. I figure if a napkin can inspire the Petersik's color palette in their new place, why can't bedding be the starting point for me?

Unfortunately, my local Anthro store hasn't received the new line of bedding yet, but I am hoping I am as enchanted with these sheets in person as I am online. And please keep your fingers crossed that they eventually go on sale...

Luckily, I was able to find something I like...


The fluttering wrap tunic, which I picked up in this color above, called "soft red." It's really much closer to Pantone's color of the year, Honeysuckle, than it is to red or the coral (which is how it reads on my screen).


I'm pretty pleased with myself for embracing this color, which just two days ago I admitted to being wary of. However, my ways haven't changed too much; I bought the same top in the other color it comes in - "khaki" - which, as a muddy grey-green, is well within my comfort zone. The top was 50% off, and since I had some gift cards left over from my birthday and Christmas (thanks Mom and Pam), these beauties were free to me! The longer cut, flattering wrap style, and sumptuous fabric and colors have me head-over-heels, and I am sure they will get lots of use. 

In other news, things are humming right along with our escrow. No new news to report on that front, but I did bring my purged clothing to the Wardrobe to consign. They took 20 of my 25 items, and were very friendly. My clothes have 45 days to sell before they are donated, so it's a win-win either way. I will keep you posted on the outcome. 


1 comment: