Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Give 'Em Your Best

Well folks, it turns out that we are in the middle of a bidding war. I know some people love the thrill of an auction - whether live, silent, or just ebay - but I am not that person. We got a call from our agent today explaining that there are two other offers on the house, and we needed to submit our highest and best offer by 3 pm today for consideration.

"Okay, we're still in the running," I thought. "No problem." Not quite. Turns out that Ryan did not answer his phone or respond to my panicked texts for 45 minutes. And we only had two-and-a-half hours until the new offer was due. So what's a girl to do? I drove out to his job with two possible counter offers in hand. (Thank goodness he had told me where he was working; he is a carpenter, so his location can change daily). He was up on the roof and looked more than a little surprised to see me.

Long story short, we agreed on a new figure and got the paperwork back to our agent with a half hour to spare. Now the waiting begins...

How about a closet update? I pulled about 50 items from my closet. 15 or so I am going to donate to Goodwill, and the rest I am going to consign at The Wardrobe. I even already called and made the appointment! They take 25 in-season items at one time and split the profits 50/50.

Here's my pile of winter items to consign all ready to go for next Friday's appointment: 2 leather jackets, 2 suede jackets, 2 sweater coats, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of black boots, 1 purse, 4 skirts, and the rest are sweaters, shirts, and tops.


I also have a pile of spring/summer clothing just waiting to go to The Wardrobe when the seasons change. (Found in the bags in the basket in the first photo.)

I didn't take a before photo (too embarrassing), but here's what the closet looks like now.




There's still much to purge, but 50 pieces was a lot for one day! Not sure what's up next for the great purge. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment