Friday, January 14, 2011

Fashion Friday: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

I am not one to be doling out beauty advice; it takes me literally 5 minutes to do my hair and makeup in the morning, mostly because I have no clue what I am doing and I do not have the patience to try to learn. But there are a few beauty products that make my world go round, and I thought I would introduce you to one today: Sugar Lip Treatment, made by a company called Fresh. They make them in three shades: Sugar (a clear balm), Sugar Rose (a sheer red), and Sugar Plum (a sheer plum).




I have them in the two shades above, but am itching to get my hands on the clear balm since they all contain SPF 15 and I have been known to slather on some of the tinted balm before a run or hike, which just looks silly.

Here's my disclaimer: I hate lipstick (tastes gross, dries out your lips, and the application is a pain - lip liner, brushes, blotting, and worrying that it is on your teeth), and gloss (my hair and small bugs just get stuck in the goop). But I am a lip balm junkie, and this product imparts the moisture that is so needed this time of year. But more than that, they each impart a soft color that leaves a sheer stain when it rubs off. When you add more balm, the color layers really beautifully. And the best part is that I don't need a mirror. Oh, and did I mention that the packaging is really sleek?

I usually get mine from Sephora, but I have been known to order from Fresh directly, and I just saw that you can get them from Amazon now. I would love to buy them locally, but I don't know who sells them. Does anyone know where to get them in the Monterey area?

What products make your world go round?

No comments:

Post a Comment