Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Office Progress

It's not much, but I am making some progress on my office. The bookshelf is up and somewhat organized, I snagged some fun hanging file folder boxes, and my desk is (almost) cleared off. Oh, and I shredded my body weight in junk mail and receipts this weekend. Here's the pic if you think I am hyperbolizing.


Okay, so maybe it's not my weight in mail, but it took *forever*!

Here's my cleaned off desk.


It will be a coup if I can keep it looking this way for longer than a couple of days. But I am most proud of getting the bookcase up and somewhat organized.


I am most floored about these punchy hanging file folder boxes that I scored from Target for $9.99 plus an additional 10% off.


I had been eyeing the Bigso Stockholm in the Synchronicity from the Container Store, but they were $20.99 each. So even though I have been eyeing them for awhile, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw them here, I am happy that I got two of the Green Room Eco Target desktop files for less than the price of one Container Store version. Plus, the colors are much more vibrant and fun.

But there is still much work to do. Take this corner of the room, for instance.


First, I need to get that chair uncovered; then I need to move and unpack the box of Ryan's books, which will require bringing over a Ikea bookshelf that we were hoping to leave behind at the old house. Once I wrap up with that corner, I can turn my attention to this pile of boxes on the other side of the room.


It's mostly exercise gear and Christmas decor/gifts. I am hoping to get the place completely set up (and possibly painted) by the end of spring break. T minus 40 days. But who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment