Monday, March 21, 2011

My Love Affair With DwellStudio

I adore our new (but vintage patterned) duvet by DwellStudio. Just in case you are not in Northern California, it poured and stormed all weekend - and it shows no signs of slowing down. But even so, our bedroom was markedly cheerier thanks to the lively print and happy aqua of Ocean Trellis.


Here's some more glamour shots of the new duvet.


And here's the view from the door.


This picture just makes me want to get my paint on. Unfortunately, the next two weekends are jam-packed, so the painting will have to wait at least 3 weeks.

I guess that will give me time to figure out what color to pair with the new duvet. That brown bedskirt is not working for me, and either are our beige sheets. When I tried holding up a pillowcase to grey sheets, that didn't seem to work either. I am not sure if I want to stay muted and beachy, or bring in a more saturated hue like the navy from my inspiration photo. Hmmm... Any suggestions?

But back to DwellStudio. It seems as though I was not the only one clamoring for one of their vintage prints: last week they re-released three of their prints from seasons past, and Trellis is one of them! Their aptly calling this line DwellStudio Vintage.

Here's the original Trellis in the other colorway, a deep graphite (I think):


And here's the re-release:


Notice the color change and the larger scale of the print. If you are fawning all over that soft grey like I am (I even questioned whether I purchased the best Trellis), there is some good news: they have committed to keeping the DwellStudio Vintage line at its original price point. So you can snag this baby for $170.00. It's still not the $85.00 + shipping I scored my Trellis for on ebay, but it's about half the price point of the rest of DwellStudio's line.

As a side note, has anyone ordered Undecorate, the new book by Christiane Lemieux, the Founder and Creative Director of DwellStudio? I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! It was excerpted in this month's Lonny, and although the home featured was not my taste, I loved the candid advise and down to earth approach to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment