Let's move into the bedroom, shall we? Here's the master bedroom.
Here's the view from the doorway. (Don't mind Zoe; she insisted on being in the pic.)
Notice something is not quite right about the curtains. After I painted the room this summer - it's Glidden's Barely Jade - I had wanted to get some oil rubbed bronze window hardware to tie into the black fireplace surround, but I never got around to it. I guess we'll have to put the old ones up before we move.
Here's the fireplace mantlescape that I featured here. The tile used to be a hideous glossy brown that I painted Glidden's Dusty Miller. It's one shade darker than the walls, and the satin finish gives it a slight sheen that's wipeable. The mantel got a few coats of white paint, as did the baseboard, which we installed throughout the room.
Notice our snowboarding equipment in the corner niche. We were bursting at the seams and I had hoped to create a curtain to block it, but again, it never happened. This room has some curtain issues!
Isn't it interesting what you notice in pictures? I have wanted to DIY a headbaord for awhile, but I never noticed how desparately this wall is calling out for something until I took this pic.
Here's the wall opposite the fireplace. The dresser has since been Craigslisted and sold. Yay! One last thing to move!
But let's focus on that dresser, which was also a Craigslist find. It's the mid-century modern style we adore, and we especially like the carved drawer handles.
The corner of the dresser next to the mirror is where I keep my hair ties, jewelry, and make-up.
That's pretty much the whole room.
Stay tuned - tomorrow I will share how I lined the dresser drawers using wrapping paper I saved from our wedding. It's a sweetly sentimental surprise every time I get dressed!