Monday, February 7, 2011

The Queen Of Rock

I cannot move my arms above my shoulders because I was rocking out all weekend. No, I did not attend some fabulous concert. I instead spent my weekend clearing the backyard of lava rock while the hubs and my dad were building the new fence.

Ryan so thoroughly enjoyed watching me struggle to first shovel, then transport, and finally toss the cursed lava rock into the raised trailer that he jokingly dubbed me the "Queen of Rock." Trust me, it's much less glamorous that it sounds.

It was slow going, but the yard went from looking like this at the beginning of day 1:


(The lava rock is behind the lemon tree, you just can't see it.) To this by the end of day 1 - thanks mostly to the sweat equity put in by my dad:



And triumphantly to this by the start of the Superbowl:


The pics really don't do it justice! The fence is looking less like this now...




And more like this:



We still have a long way to go. Don't worry, we will be building it all week!

Oh, and I got all these boxes moved to the new place, but they are not yet unpacked.


Sorry for the short post, but I am sore, stiff, and I can no longer see straight. Stay tuned for paint updates tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment