Friday, July 1, 2011

Fashion Friday: Maxi Skirts for Everyone

A few weeks back, I wrote about my obsession with maxi skirts and how they are just perfect for summer. To my surprise, my mother-in-law (hi Pam!) asked me to find her some maxi skirts from Nordstrom.  Here's what I came up with.

First is this Willow and Clay Print Maxi Skirt for $98.00.


The solid waistband ensures comfort and the color is flattering, but what really grabbed my eye is the pattern, which almost looks like fossils. Awesome.

Next is this little sorbet number:


It's the nine 3 two Pleated Maxi Skirt in Mimosa for $198.00. I love the color, which I think will transition well from summer to fall, and I know it will look great on Pam. Anything golden is flattering on her. (Oh, and there's a grey color too for those that tend towards more muted colors.)

Last but not least is this sweet little white skirt.


It's the Remain Tiered Maxi Skirt, and unfortunately for those of you scared to wear white, it only comes in Creme. At $78.00 it's the cheapest of the lot, and how much do you love that crochet detailing on the belt? This is seriously a skirt for all. Too bad I already spent my maxi skirt loot...

So which ones did she go with? Numbers 1 and 2. I can't wait to see what they look like in person.

I hope your weekend involves lounging around in a maxi skirt. Ours will most likely involve priming the walls in preparation for skim-coating them and organizing the last of the stuff in the guest room. (We are this.close.)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and a festive 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment