Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Candid Conversation

I have been feeling uninspired lately. Perhaps it's because I haven't completed any projects since spring break, and haven't done much cooking in the past week or so since we have been out of town and still have yet to go grocery shopping. Or maybe it's just the tired talking.

So I have been thinking about how to re-inspire myself, and what I do to get out of these occasional ruts. Of course, the first thing I do is check out other blogs I love and see what projects are going down all over the blogosphere. You should check them out too if you haven't already; you can find them under my "Blog Crush" list. My newest favorite is Little Glass Box. The way Courtney makes over Craiglist finds has me trolling Craigslist in the hopes of hitting the jackpot soon.

Witness the following exhibits:

 


The colors she chose are just gorgeous! It makes me want to get my paint on. 

Magazines, both traditional and online, also get me going. You can check out my required reading here, here, and here

Lastly, I love to stop by Pinterest when I am feeling uninspired. Pinterest is the most brilliant idea: an online bulletin board with some of the most beautiful images on the web. You can follow people, or just check out what's the most popular. Oh, and did I mention that they have recipes too?

Here's what I am loving right now: 






That last picture makes me want to finally order our wedding photos and create a gallery wall in the entry. At last, inspiration! 

What do you do to snap out of a funk? 

No comments:

Post a Comment