Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

I am taking a quick break from grading to post about our long weekend. Aside from being sick all weekend and working, we spent a wonderful Saturday with family at a wedding at the breathtaking Naval Postgraduate School ballroom.

 
It has beautiful Moroccan inspired tile work and details like carved wood doors and iron chandeliers.




I love getting glammed up, and it was a treat to spend the evening surrounded by family, friends, and such gorgeous architecture.

Oh, and did I mention that this little guy was showing off the whole time?


I had never seen a live peacock before, and I was blown away by what incredibly beautiful creatures they are.

I will be back tomorrow with some new swag for the living room. Oh, and since I caught this bug in the middle of last week, hence my lack of posts on Thursday and Friday, I will be sure to share the mishaps around here I teased you with in this post.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment