- 4 ears sweet corn in the husk
- 1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized cubes, or boccoconcini
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halves
- 8-10 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Several handfuls of your favorite lettuce variety
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, soak the corn, husk still on, in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Roast corn with husk still on for 20-25 minutes on a baking sheet, or until kernels are tender.
- Cool, then remove corn from husks.
- Cut off the kernels and add to your salad bowl.
- Chop and add the following: Mozzarella
- Toss with Summer Herb Vinaigrette (see recipe below) and enjoy!
Summer Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
*Note: One batch of the dressing is enough for three separate salads. I imagine it would also work well with other summery salads.
With all of this warm weather (finally!), I have been in the mood for fresh salads from our garden, like this recipe above. What salad combos are you loving these days? Is there a dressing that I just have to try? Send your faves my way!