Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fancying Fiddle Leafed Figs

I am taking a short break from grading to bring you some Wednesday Eye Candy on this Thursday. (What can I say? The Monday holiday is still throwing me off.)


I am so infatuated with...(wait for it) a plant! But not just any plant, the fiddle leafed fig. Here it is in all it's glory and splendor.


Pinterest via abodelove.blogspot.com


I particularly this alliterative plant in the woven baskets that I have been seeing everywhere, like this month's Home Beautiful cover and the picture above. The chartreuse moss is the icing on my fiddle leafed fig cake!


Here's some other examples: 



 Pinterest via sfgirlbybay.com

Their bright green and shapely leaves look beautiful with wood tones or against grey walls, which is good news for us. And whether tamed...


or growing wild and free...

Pinterest via apartmenttherapy.com

they seem to inject any space they inhabit with a heavy dose of life. 


And I already have the perfect spot for it. 




It will replace the dying corn plant I have affectionately named Corny. Now all I have to do is hunt one down...


No comments:

Post a Comment