Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

I have a wicked sweet tooth. Seriously. I could eat a dessert after every meal, even breakfast, which often times is sweet enough to be a dessert in its own right. And when I want my sugar fix, my sweet treat of choice is invariably cookies. Since my taste for peanut better started at an early age (I had a peanut butter sandwich every day for lunch until high school, when I graduated to PB&J), it's no surprise that I love any type of peanut butter cookie, but this mix of peanut butter and chocolate is particularly delicious. So without further ado...Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies.


Ingredients:
2-1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup powered cocoa (I like Ghirardelli)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2/3 cups (or one bag) Reese's peanut butter chips

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is heating, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.


Add eggs and vanilla, beating well to combine.



Add cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, mixing until combined.


(Don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally!) Slowly mix in 1/2 cup of flour at a time, mixing until just combined. Finally, add the peanut butter chips and mix until evenly distributed.

Drop spoonfulls on a cookie sheet.


(I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this tool, but I am in love with my Silpat silicone cookie sheet liner, which we received as a wedding gift but which you can snag here. Cookies literally slide right off of it, and even better, the bottoms never burn but always turn out crisp and golden. It's $25.00 well spent.)

Bake for 8-9 minutes and let cool before enjoying.


On another side note, this recipe makes a double batch, so it's really easy to halve it if you prefer. I make the full recipe and only make about 6 cookies at a time throughout the week. (It's not healthy, I know, but I like having something sweet to look forward to in the afternoon. I believe a good cookie can change the quality of your day.) I keep the remaining dough in a tupperware in the fridge and take it out about a half an hour before I want to throw the cookies in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment