Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Update: Lacking Thesis

It was a busy weekend of plastering, celebrating belated birthdays, cooking, and working.

We got the second coat of plaster up on all the walls. I am really getting excited because all of our hard work is starting to look finished; unless you look too closely, it looks as smooth as a baby's bottom, as my mom would say. Now we just have to do the ceilings, sand, and touch up in a few places, and we can fiiinnnaalllly paint. (I am hoping weekend after next.)

I would share new pics, but it pretty much looks the same as last week - pretty boring unless you are in the space - so I am just going to recycle pics.


(I can't wait to tackle a big project that evolves visually as you complete each step so I actually feel like I have something to share. We are working our buns off, but every week it feels like I have so little to show for it.)

Since this post is pretty vanilla, let me do a little over-sharing. We ended a long day of plastering with a yummy sushi dinner, and after a day of work on Sunday, we started the week off right with Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe it! I am not sure if I took pictures of every step (it was a doozy), or am ready to break down this double black diamond of a recipe, but I am going to do my best. I hope to share it with you all a little later in the week.

Sorry for the rambling and almost-pictureless post. (If this were an essay, I would tell my students it needs a thesis statement. Yep. I'm a nerd.) But in the spirit of over-sharing, how was your weekend? Did it lack focus like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment