Find our *dream* home (something with good bones that needs to be brought into this century would be ideal)
Here it is: the home we loved from the moment we saw the open living/dining/kitchen space...
thought we lost to a higher bidder, and then actually purchased just a month later!
- Post 5 times a week to the blog! We all know that didn't happen...
- Learn to refinish furniture...
- And then actually refinish our lovely mid-century modern furniture Or these two either
Purge (and then donate or sell) things that we don't use or needMoving really helped with that
- Re-learn how to sew I am moving this to 2012
- Paint the living room,
dining room, entry, kitchen, and hallway Dining room and entry repainted after we smooth-walled both spaces (see pic below for the hard to see proof). Living room and hallway to be painted this weekend (and possibly next week)
- Install living room curtains, hang map and other living room art To be done next week once painting is completed
Take out header cabinet in the kitchen to open up the kitchen to dining room/living roomYou can read all about how we did that here Get rid of all the boxes in the house
- Do something about the hideous and awkward CD tower It still lives, but now in the guest bedroom
Orderand frame wedding pictures/create gallery wall in entry and or hallway
- Put up the house numbers that we already own Nope
- Find/make curtains for the master bedroom Working on it as we speak
Find a fiddle leaf figWe are the proud owners of two
When you look at it all together, we really have accomplished more than I thought, but not as much as I had hoped. Speaking of which, here's my resolutions for 2012:
- Have two healthy and happy babies!
- Finish the nursery by 33 weeks just in case the twins come early
- Make as much of the bedding and curtains for the nursery as I can on my new sewing machine (which will require re-learning how to sew)
- Learn to use my new DSLR
- New roof. It needs to be done, but I am not sure how we will swing this (time wise or financially) with two newborns
- Redo/organize the garage so Ryan can be happy (and have a man cave)
- Lose the baby weight
I think that will do it for me for 2012. If I just get the first item on my list checked off, that will be enough for me this year.
What are you hoping to accomplish is 2012?
Happy New Year!