Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Smooth Moves

The walls and ceilings in the entry and the dining are sporting a sanded second coat, and man, are they looking fiiine. It took us the whole weekend to get here, but after a little touching up (mostly to corners), we can paint. (Fingers crossed weekend after next.)

We wrapped up the sanding after dark last night, so please excuse the poorly lit and grainy shots. I just couldn't wait to share!



I think this final picture shows the contrast the best. Notice the smooth wall on the left and the textured one on the right. (Don't mind the dust on the beam. It really is smooth, it just needs to be dusted off.)


I'll try to get some better lit shots to share with you guys tomorrow. Homer, with his affinity for smooth caves, would be proud.

And in sad news, I definitely did not take enough pics of the Boeuf Bourguignon to walk you through all the steps of that recipe. There are many! I tried to write it up, but I felt that I wasn't doing it justice. Since Julia's are big shoes to fill (literally and figuratively), I guess this means I will have to make it again. Oh darn! So I hope to highlight a quick weeknight dinner (instead of an elaborate Sunday night supper) on Thursday instead.

Here's to a painless beginning to a short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment